Terms & Liability
Dog Boarding and Doggy Daycare Polices and Release of Liability
THIS AGREEMENT is entered into by and between the Paws@Play, LLC, and dog Owner
1. I(Owner) represent that I am the legal owner of the above-named dog(s) and I assume all risks, dangers, and responsibility for injuries to the named dog(s). Owner understands and agrees that Owner is solely responsible for any harm while Owner's dog(s) is/are attending Daycare/Boarding.
2. PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE: We love to post pictures and videos on Facebook, our website, and/or in magazine ads. Owner agrees to all Paws@Play to use Owner's pet's name and any images or likeness of advertising, illustration, trade, or promotional materials without compensation, and Owner releases to Paws@Play all rights that Owner may possess or claim to such image, likeness, recording, etc.
3. DOG'S HEALTH: Owner further understands and agrees that Owner's dog(s) are healthy and will at all times while not enrolling any dog that has a condition that could potentially jeopardize the health of other dogs or people and that even if Owner(s) dog is vaccinated for Bordetella(Kennel Cough) there is a chance that the Owner's dog can still contract Kennel Cough. Owner agrees that Owner will not hold Paws@Play responsible ff Owner's dog(s) contracts Kennel Cough or other dog-dog transmitted ailments.
4. FLEA/TICK FREE: All dogs must be flea/tick-free. Should a dog be observed to have fleas or ticks, a flea/tick bath treatment will be applied and charged to the Owner at a rate of up to $80.00 depending on the severity and size of the dog.
5. GROUP PLAY: All dogs must pass a general behavior assessment to attend dog-dog group play. No dog may be admitted to group play who shows any signs of any type of aggression or exhibited any threatening behavior towards any person or other dogs. Any dog demonstration aggression or other behavior deemed unacceptable by Paws@Play staff may be required to leave daycare/boarding
6. PERSONAL PROPERTY: Owner understands that Owner is solely responsible for any harm, including to any other pet(s), to the employees or invitees of Paws@Play, or the equipment, facilities, or other property of Paws@play, caused by Owners dog(s). The Owner also agrees that Paws@Play shall not be responsible or liable for any lost or damaged personal property belonging either to the Owner or the Owner's pet.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: The Owner understands and agrees that during normal dog play, the Owner's dog may sustain injuries. Dog play is monitored by Paws@Play to best avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, and other injuries may occur despite the best supervision. the Owner further understands and agrees that neither daycare/boarding nor any of its employees, staff, or volunteers will be liable for any illness, injury, death, and/pr escape of the Owner's dog(s) provided that reasonable care and precautions are followed, and Owner hereby releasees Paws@Play staff or volunteers of any liability of any kind whatsoever arising from or as a result of Owner's dog(s) attending Paws@Play
8. FOOD/MEDS: when boarding overnight, the Owner agrees that is the Owner's responsibility to leave an adequate supply of food and medications for Owner's dog(s) during the entire time the Owner's dog is cared for by Paws@play. Should the food/medication supply need replacement, the Owner authorizes Paws@Play to purchase a replacement and Owner will reimburse Paws@Play for the actual food and medication costs plus up to $25.00 time/distance trip fee (per occurrence).
9. VETERINARIAN LIABILITY AND CARE: The Owner agrees to Paws@Play to obtain medical treatment for Owner's dog(s) if he/she appears ill, injured, or exhibits any other behavior that would reasonably suggest that dog(s) may need medical treatment including anesthesia. The owner agrees to be fully responsible for the cost of any such medical treatment and the cost of any transportation for such treatment. The owner permits Paws@play to use the Owner's vet or nearest 24-hour vet hospital for the required treatment.
10. WEAKENED IMMUNE SYSTEM: The owner understands special-needs dogs and puppies, and senior dogs naturally have a higher risk of injury, stress/related illnesses, weakened immune system or, exacerbation of any pre-existing condition. As such, by using our facility for daycare or boarding the Owner is waiving any claim for injury or illness experienced by the Owner's dog while in our care.
11. ELDERLY DOGS: Owners of elderly dogs (approaching the end of life) need to know if the event Owner's dog passes on while in our care, our policy is to transport the Owner's dog to the Owner's vet (within 15 miles) where he/she will be held until Owner can be reached by the Vet for further instructions. If the Owner's vet is closed or outside of transport distance then we will transport them to nearest 24-hour facility. A Trip charge will apply based on time/distance.
12. GROOMING: Expense to be paid if the Owner's dog(s) nails are too long and causing breaking of the skin or deep scratches to staff, volunteers, and/or other dogs. nail trim cost up to $15.00. In addition, if the Owner's dog(s) happens to soil their fur we will bathe them at Owner's expense.
13. PREPAID PACKAGES: The Owner understands that prepaid daycare packages are non-refundable and expire 12 months from the date of purchase. Discounted packages are provided only if they are paid in advance.
14. PAYMENTS: are due and payable at the end of each visit. Payment may be made in American currency. Visa, Discover, or Master Card. $25 NSF charge for returned checks. We do not accept Canadian crd cards. We do not keep credit information on file. There is a 5% extra processing charge when credit cards are taken over the phone and cards are not swiped in person.
15. CANCELLATION/ NO - SHOW POLICY: Cancellations must be done 48-hours before the reservation date. If cancellation notices less than 48-hours an amount of two nights stay will be invoiced.
16. CLOSING TIME: The Owner agrees that if the Owner's dog(s) is/are not picked up by the closing time of 6:30 pm Oklahoma time, then Owner hereby authorizes overnight boarding appropriate for the dog(s) and to pay Paws@Play for applicable overnight boarding charge plus any charge for required food.
17. RIGHT OF REFUSAL: Paws@Play reserves the right to refuse admittance to any dog or dismiss determination shall be made at the sole discretion of Paws@Play.
18. FULL FORCE AND EFFECT: The Owner further understands and expressly agrees that every one of the foregoing provisions contained in paragraphs 1-18 shall be in force and effect and shall apply to each and every occasion on which the Owner's dog(s) stays with Paws@Play for daycare, extended boarding, or other services, as the case may be, This agreement shall remain in full force and effect as between the parties until and unless otherwise canceled or superseded by a writing signed by the parties.
Owner hereby certifies that Owner has read and understands this Waiver and Release of Liability and the regulations set forth above. By signing this agreement, the Owner agrees to be bound by its terms and conditions.